Totally ripped off from Health Bent, thanks Brandon & Megan. I think you'll like their Paleo Orange Chicken, too.
|photo cred: Health Bent|
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I use Rosie organic, free range), cut into bite size pieces
- 3T coconut oil
- juice of 2 oranges - taste them, if they aren't sweet & orangey, neither will your final dish, trust me
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 t fresh ginger
- 3T tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1t chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a saucepan add orange juice, zest, ginger, tamari, chili sauce. Cook over medium heat until it boils. Reduce to a simmer until thickened.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil and add chicken pieces. Cook until chicken has a nice, brown crust.
- Add chicken to sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve topped with green onions.