Sunday, October 7, 2012

Brownies

Monday we celebrated our God-granddaughter, Hero's, 7th birthday.  She's such a blessing.  In honor of her birthday she got to sleep over at Grammy & Grampy's and we celebrated with a special treat.  My friend Kindra posted this recipe on my fb wall and I've been dying to try it.  I'm so glad I made it.  This is probably my most favorite thing I've made since going paleo.  It is so delicious!

Happy Birthday, Hero!

Raw Brownies - adapted from the Rawtarian:

Ingredients:

1 cup almonds
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes (or you can use shredded)
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Directions:
 
1. Place almonds in your food processor and process until they become small and crumbly.
2. Add dates and process until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture turns a dark chocolatey brown.
4. Scoop into a brownie pan or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands.
5. Refrigerate* for a couple of hours.
6. Store in the refrigerator if it lasts that long!

*You don't have to refrigerate it, but it is much easier to slice when chilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment