- 1 lb brown rice elbow pasta (or what ever shape)
- 2 C. raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1/4 C. melted Kerrygold butter, or ghee, or olive oil
- paprika, salt, garlic powder to taste
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 - 1/2 C water
- 2 blocks of raw cheese, grated (to make this dairy free you can substitute the cheese for nutritional yeast)
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- While your pasta is cooking make sauce.
- Drain cashews and add to food processor.
- While the processor is on add butter and seasonings, blend until smooth.
- Add enough water to make it a creamy liquid, kinda like cake batter. It will thicken as it sits.
- When pasta is done, drain and add back into pot.
- Add sauce and 3/4 of cheese, stir until well blended.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350˚ for about 20 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
This is good enough that I am putting it on my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus.