|Photo: Carly Johnson|
Start with the Best Pumpkin Bread EVER from an earlier post. Do everything the same until you get to putting it in the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- Use coconut oil and grease and wax paper line a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth out batter to ensure it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert pan onto a thin dish towel, remove pan and wax paper. Allow to cool for 10 more minutes.
- From 10-inch side, roll cake up in the towel. Set aside.
- Prepare filling.
- 1-8oz package organic cream cheese or diary free option: 2 cans of full fat coconut milk, chilled in the fridge over night.
- 4T softened butter
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup or raw honey
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1T cinnamon
- Beat together all the ingredients for the filling. If using coconut milk, only use the cream that is sitting at the top of the can by pouring out the milk. If the coconut milk is a little thin, add up to a tablespoon of arrowroot powder to thicken.
- Unroll the bread and spread the filling evenly, covering all of the bread.
- Roll up bread without the towel and wrap in plastic wrap. Your bread may crack in a few places, but that is ok. Just roll it up nice and tight.
- Chill for at least one hour before slicing and ENJOY!