Shepherd's Pie on my blog before but it's not whole30. I made some tweaks and easily turned this dish into a yummy whole30 meal.
- 2lbs sweet potatoes or yams, baked until soft and cooled
- 1T evoo
- 1 small onion, chopped
- about 5 small carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- a couple handfuls of baby brussel sprouts, sliced
- 1lb chorizo
- 1/2 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup bone broth or other broth
- In a large skillet heat evoo and add onion, carrots, and celery.
- Cook about 5 min and add brussel sprouts, cook for about 2 min
- Add chorizo and beef and cook until no longer pink
- Add seasonings to taste
- In a large mixing bowl add the sweet potatoes and broth (I was lucky enough to have some leftover homemade vegetable soup and used that for extra veggies!)
- Blend potatoes and broth until smooth
- If your skillet is oven proof, spread potatoes over meat mixture and put into oven. If not, pour meat mixture into a baking dish and top with potatoes.
- Bake at 350˚F for about 30 minutes.