Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Whole30 Day 14: Roasted Chicken Thighs and Veggies

It's hot and I don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.  Even though I used my oven, this was quick and easy.

Ingredients:
  • organic, free range chicken thighs
  • green beans, trimmed
  • baby heirloom tomatoes
  • red onion, cut into chunks
  • evoo
  • salt, dried thyme, fresh rosemary
Directions:
  1. heat oven to 375˚F .
  2. combine all veggies and thighs in a bowl.  Add evoo and spices and mix evenly to coat all ingredients in oil.
  3. Add ingredients to a baking dish putting thighs in first, veggies on top.
  4. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until veggies are crisp and chicken is cooked through.
I added some sautéed mushrooms to my plate.  I'm the only one that likes them.

Directions:
  1. Heat a big tablespoon of butter in a skillet and add mushrooms.  
  2. Sauté at a medium heat until mushrooms are golden brown and caramelized.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment