I really enjoyed this possible Thanksgiving side dish. Turns out, though, my daughter doesn't like parsnips - too much like cooked carrots. Just found out she doesn't like sweet potatoes, either. Yikes!
So we won't be enjoying this dish for Thanksgiving, but you might.
3 big parsnips, peeled, and cut into chunks
2 Tbsp olive oil or other fat suitable for high temperatures
1/4+ cup homemade bone broth or raw milk
2 whole garlic bulbs
sea salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚F
- Place parsnips in a baking dish and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cut tops off of garlic bulbs to expose cloves. Place on a square of foil, drizzle with oil, and fold up sides of foil to create a pouch.
- Roast parsnips and garlic until soft, about 40 minutes.
- Place parsnips in food processor and add liquid.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out of bulb and add to food processor.
- Blend ingredients together until they are the consistency you desire. Add more liquid and salt to taste.