|The Urban Poser|
1½ cups of Creamy Cashew Gravy*
1 lb haricots verts
2 large shallots
¼ cup coconut oil or ghee
- Preheat oven to 400˚F
- Blanch the green beans in boiling, salted water for about 2 min. Drain. If you are not going to bake green beans immediately, you will need to shock them in a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans and gravy. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake at 400˚F for about 20 min or until the gravy begins to bubble.
- Meanwhile prepare crispy shallots. Peel and slice the shallots into thin rings.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium/low heat until oil bubbles slightly. Reduce the heat to low, add the shallots and cook for 5 - 6 min or until they reach a golden brown color. Stir occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove shallots from the oil, drain well and let cool on paper towels until ready to use.
- Remove green beans from oven, top with crispy shallots, and serve.
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup homemade bone broth + ¼ cup
1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
½ onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
½ tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried thyme
sea salt to taste
- Soak the cashews for 4 hours then rinse and drain. Transfer to food processor
- Sauté the onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat, cook until caramelized.
- Add onion & garlic to food processor with the cashews. Set the pan aside.
- Add 1 cup of broth to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cashew mixture into the onions & garlic pan. Add the thyme and whisk the cashew mixture over a medium heat for a few minutes or until it thickens and darkens up a little bit. Whisk constantly so that it doesn't burn.
- Whisk in the ¼ cup broth, lemon juice, and salt. Stirring constantly, allow it thicken for a