Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Green Bean Fries

Cooper asked today (like most days) if I would take him and Carly to Yogurtland.  Of course not.  I am striving to be a champion for my kids health.  One day they'll thank me.  The next question was, what is for snack?  Both of my kids turned their noses up when I told them it was green bean fries.

Here's my recipe adapted from Delighted Momma's recipe:

You'll need:
  • Fresh green beans (even though I used leftover parboiled green beans from last night's dinner)
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and garlic powder to taste (omit garlic powder to make these FODMAPs free)
 Then:
  • Preheat oven to 400º F
  • In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together
  • Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet for about 30-35 minutes.  As they brown they'll get caramelized & crispy. 
And much to their surprise both kids loved them.  You will, too.  This snack will definitely hit the spot when you're craving salty & crunchy.  And you don't have to feel guilty about eating them all up!

Photo courtesy of Delighted Momma





No comments:

Post a Comment