Friday, September 28, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

I started attending a women's bible study with my god-daughter.  It's in the morning so the ladies attending take turns bringing breakfast for her table.  Well, now that we are such particular eaters, I really don't get to enjoy the breakfasts unless I bring them myself.  Today was my turn.

I tested these Apple Cinnamon Muffins (modified from always underfoot) on my kids, of course.  They loved them so I made them hoping the ladies at my table would, too.  I think they did.  Turns out I have a paleo friend at my table and two girls who are not eating dairy and were pleased to be able to partake in these yummy muffins.
photo: always underfoot


Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Batter
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon stevia
4 eggs
1/3 cup canned coconut milk 
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 apple, cored, peeled and finely chopped
Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients.   Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in finely chopped apple. Prepare muffin pan with liners and fill cups about 3/4 full.

Topping
2 apples, cored, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons apple sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup

In a separate bowl, combine apple cinnamon topping ingredients until apples are coated. Scoop mixture over top of muffins and gently poke the topping into the muffin batter. Bake at 350º for 20 – 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment