|Photo: Primal Palate|
- 3 pieces bacon, crumbled, reserve grease
- 1 1/2 Tbsp bacon fat
- ¾ cup beef broth or bone broth
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 3/4 lb beef short ribs, about 8 ribs
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
1. Cook bacon in a heavy skillet on medium heat until crispy.
2. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
3. Turn heat up to medium high and sear short ribs in the remaining bacon grease, about 1-2 minutes a side, adding more bacon grease as needed.
4. Place the first four ribs in the bottom of the crockpot, season with salt and smoked paprika.
5. Top with 4 garlic cloves and repeat with the remaining short ribs.
6. Top all the ribs with the crumbled bacon and pour in the beef stock.
7. Cover and cook in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.