Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Donuts

My blogger friend at Write From The Farm inspired me to make donuts again.  Her recipe for bacon, butternut, pumpkin donuts looks awesome.  I will try it.  This time, though, I was working with limited time and wanted to make some donuts for the kids and my mom visiting from Texas.  Here's my variation on the recipe I found at Edible Harmony.


Ingredients:
½ cup pumpkin puree
½ cup of pitted dates (about 10 dates)
6 eggs

1/3 cup of softened coconut oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup of coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoons coconut milk or raw whole milk

Glaze: (optional)
2 tablespoons softened coconut oil
2 tablespoons softened butter
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons raw honey

Directions:
• Preheat oven to 350 F.
• Using a food processor or blender, combine the pumpkin puree, dates, eggs, oil and spices until the dates are completely ground.
• Add the rest of the ingredients and run the food processor for a few more seconds
• Grease the donut pan and pour the batter into the molds
• Bake for about 25 minutes or until donuts are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
• Set on a cooling rack to cool then frost with the glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment