We're getting down to the last few servings from our 1/4 cow (see my "we're buying a cow" post). Last night I made a chuck roast from I breathe... I'm hungry... (which gave me the idea to do the Whole30, but that's another post).
|Photo: Eating With Purpose|
I served the roast over cauliflower mash.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut off the stalk and broken into small pieces
- 2-4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons ghee, butter, mct oil, or olive oil
- splash of raw milk or heavy cream (if dairy intolerant, use broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté all ingredients (except liquid) in a heavy stainless steel skillet until slightly softened
- Stir in a splash of liquid - I like my mash thick and lumpy, use more if you like yours thinner
- Use an immersion blender in the pan to mash the cauliflower
- Stir to incorporate all ingredients