I've always been fearful when it comes to cooking beef. It seems too easy to overcook and ruin a good cut of beef. Since buying a cow I've had to learn how to cook it. I'll be posting the successful recipes, so stay tuned.
|Courtesy of Paleo Indulgences|
Slow-Cooker BBQ Beef
Adapted from Paleo Indulgences
• 3-5 lbs organic grass-fed beef chuck roast
• 1 15oz can tomato sauce
• 1 6oz can tomato paste
• 3 tbsp raw honey
• 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
• 2 tsp sea salt
• ½ medium yellow onion, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos, Bragg’s Aminos, or Tamari
• 1 tsp oregano
• 1/8 tsp cayenne
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1) Place the roast in a large slow cooker
2) Place all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
3) Pour the sauce over the roast.
4) Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat falls apart easily.
5) Shred beef in the pot using two forks.