|Courtesy of Stiritup.me|
Thanks to stir it up for the inspiration on yet another stew recipe.
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lb grass-fed sirloin stew meat (if using stew meat from shanks, brisket, or chuck, increase cooking time to 6-8 hours)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup homemade bone broth or organic, gluten-free beef broth
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 parsnips, julienned
- In a gallon-sized plastic bag add arrowroot powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, mix well.
- Add the stew meat to the bag and seal it tight. Shake ingredients all together making sure all of the meat if well coated.
- In your dutch oven or large heavy pot add the coconut oil and turn the heat up on high.
- Add the meat to the oil and brown on all sides.
- Add the bay leaves, wine, broth, onions, carrots and parsnips and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and allow to cook, covered, for 1 – 1 ½ hours.