Friday, May 31, 2013

Frozen Bananas

I have a new favorite blog, stir it up.  She's a paleo wife and mom, like me, and I think we'd be friends.

Today I made the frozen bananas I found on her site.  I adapted it for my preferences and thought I'd share it with you.

Photo: stir it up
For two bananas you'll need:

a heaping tablespoon of almond butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cacao powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon raw honey
  • Slice bananas in half lengthwise
  • Stir together almond butter, cinnamon and vanilla
  • Divide almond butter mixture between two banana halves
  • Add a popsicle stick and but bananas back together
  • Place in freezer, on waxed or parchment paper, until frozen
  • When bananas are frozen, melt chocolate, coconut oil, and honey
  • Pour chocolate evenly over both bananas, covering every inch
  • Place back in the freezer until frozen, about 30 min.
 Both of my kids were beside themselves excited about this new treat.  I think I'll be making them again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment