- 1 1/2 lb wild-caught, cod fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add seeds, stir to coat.
- Cover and cook until the seeds begin to pop, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to sit, covered, until the seeds stop popping.
- Stir in mustard, syrup, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve. Discard seeds.
- Adjust oven rack 6 inches from top and preheat broiler to high.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange cod on foil in a single layer.
- Spoon mustard mixture over cod.
- Broil for 6-8 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.