|Jan's Sushi Bar|
- 1 whole organic, free-range chicken, cut up or about 8 of your favorite pieces, we use Rosie Organic Chicken
- 1/4 cup melted, high-quality bacon fat, we use Applegate Sunday Bacon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place rinsed, patted dry chicken pieces in a baking dish.
- Mix together syrup, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over all the chicken pieces.
- Drizzle melted bacon fat over pieces and rub into skin.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.