In honor of our good choices, 19 years ago, I made my husband a batch of these to-die-for-brownies from Diane Sanfilippo's book Practical Paleo. Now don't just copy the recipes from my blog. Go out and buy the book yourself. It is chock full of information along with great recipes like this one.
|Photo: Practical Paleo|
- 4oz dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons very strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons fine coffee grounds
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine chocolate, butter, maple syrup, and eggs.
- Slowly sift in the cocoa and mix to combine.
- Add coffee and coffee grounds and mix to combine.
- Spread into a parchment lined brownie pan.
- Top with chopped bacon.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
Enjoy, we did!