Thanks to the many bloggers, I can pretty easily find new, easy, yummy recipes. My dear friend, Kindra at Bon Appetit Paleo, is brilliantly creative. Hence, a hot dog!
OK, we're no strangers to organic, grass-fed, beef hot dogs. We've been buying the Applegate hot dogs for a couple of years and eating them bunless. We love them! But when Kindra told me her idea for a bun, I HAD to make it.
It was perfect! PERFECT! I barely had to convince myself I was not eating a hot dog bun.
- organic, grass-fed, beef hot dogs
- small organic sweet potato or yam (about the size of your hot dog)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Scrub potatoes and slather with ghee or bacon fat.
- Bake sweet potatoes for about 20 - 30 minutes, until soft and skins are starting to crisp.
- Grill hot dogs.
- Remove potatoes and allow to cool, to handle.
- Scoop out flesh. This is your side dish.
- Add hot dog to potato skin and top with condiments.