|Photo: Paleo Magazine|
- 1 cup walnut halves and pieces
- 1/4 cup soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup coconut cream*
- 1/2 cup soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 3 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the crust, in a food processor with an "S" blade purée all crust ingredients for about 20 seconds or until very fine.
- Transfer the crust mixture to a glass pie dish and press it across the bottom and halfway up the sides.
- Rinse the food processor.
- In a small saucepan heat the coconut cream just slightly.
- In the food processor add the heated coconut cream to the remaining filling ingredients and purée for 1 minute or until the filling is dark and completely smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and chill to set.
- Store the pie at room temperature.