Saturday, January 18, 2014

Butter-Basted Cod and Vegetable Rice

Yum! Light and delicious! I'm really proud of myself.  I feel like I got all fancy with my cooking but it was super easy.

Vegetable Rice

Ingredients:
  • chopped vegetables du jour - I used green onion, zucchini, and broccoli
  • white jasmine rice
  • butter
  • salt to taste
Directions:
  1. Prepare rice as directed.  I added a tablespoon of butter to the water when I put in the rice.
  2. While rice is cooking,  heat a skillet with a couple tablespoons of butter.
  3. Add vegetables and stir fry until cooked through and still crispy.
  4. When rice is finished add to vegetable skillet and combine over low heat.  
  5. Add more butter and salt to taste.
Butter-Basted Cod

Ingredients:
  • wild-caught cod fillets
  • 2 tablespoons ghee
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme
  • salt to taste
Directions:
  1. In a skillet heat ghee on medium-high heat.
  2. Add fillets.
  3. Using a large spoon, baste fillets with ghee by tilting the pan, filling the spoon with liquid, and pouring it over the fish.
  4. Continue for a couple of minutes then flip fillets.
  5. Baste again for a couple of minutes, until cooked through.
  6. Remove fillets to serving dish.
  7. Add lemon juice, butter, thyme, and salt to ghee.
  8. Pour lemon butter over fillets.
  9. Serve over vegetable rice and pour remaining liquid over both.


1 comment:

  1. OhMyLanta! This looks so yummy! I am for sure going to make this. I will let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete