Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pancakes My Kids Will Eat

Pancakes were a staple in our house before drastically changing our diet.  My husband made waffles or pancakes every other day.  I don't think I'm exaggerating, either.  I've tried many pancake recipes and I either got a, "no way" or "eh, it's ok".  I stopped trying for a long time and now I've stumbled on a new recipe.  Last week when I made them before school, both kids had seconds! 

Photo: Real Food Made Easy
Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut nectar or honey
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
  • Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.  Using a blender is fast and makes for easy pouring.
  • Allow batter to sit for a couple of minutes to thicken.
  • Melt butter in a frying pan or griddle and pour in pancake batter to the size of pancakes you desire.
  • When the batter bubbles on top, flip over and continue cooking for about 30 seconds.
  • Top with grass-fed butter and Grade B 100% pure maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment