|Photo: Brad Johnson|
Why ghee? Besides being delicious:
- It has butter's nutritional benefits, plus:
- Excess moisture and milk proteins are removed, resulting in long shelf life with or without refrigeration.
- Very stable saturated fat; great for high-heat cooking.
- Good for those with allergies to milk protein.
- Long history in Indian cuisine.
- Nutty flavor due to caramelization of butter solids while cooking.
- Yet another fun food experiment.
Homemade Indian Ghee If You Dare
How To Make Ghee
How To Make Ghee (Indian Clarified Butter)
Now go out and make ghee!!!