Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fish and Chips

Lots of people are wondering what we're eating.  I'm up for trying almost anything - hope you are, too.
Tilapia Meuniere and Baked Zucchini Chips
Kid rating: 2 thumbs up


Meuniere is a fancy way of saying dredged in flour.  I used tilapia because it is a fish with low amounts of mercury.  You can enjoy low-mercury fish abundantly. 

For the baked zucchini chips recipe check out Vittles and Bits

My Tilapia Meuniere is adapted from Nourished Kitchen's Sole Menuiere.

4 Tilapia fillets (or other low mercury fish)
1/2 Cup almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
2 T fresh lemon thyme, chopped
salt to taste

Dredge your fish in the flour and place in a hot buttered skillet.  Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.  I didn't have parsley or lemon so I chose to skip that step.  I bet it is delicious, though.  If you try it, let me know how it turned out.

It's that easy to have a healthy meal the whole family gave 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment