I love chili. It really hits the spot when I'm craving comfort foods. This is an amazing recipe from Paleo Girl that my whole family loves. You don't have to use Bison but grass-fed bison is a great, low-fat meat option. Tonight I'm using lamb because I have it on hand. Any ground meat will work but I hope it's grass-fed...
If you want your chili to be more spicy, follow Paleo Girl's recipe here.
- 1 pound ground buffalo (or ground meat of choice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Brown your ground meat in a stock pot. Once browned remove it with a slotted spoon leaving any drippings in the pot.
- Add the coconut oil and cook the sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes stirring often. Add the onion and continue cooking until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add remaining ingredients except for cilantro.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes so that the flavors can meld together.
- Stir in the cilantro right before serving.
- Skill Level: Easy