My husband is known for making waffles. We love waffles. We were eating waffles 2-3 times a week. Then, we went grain-free and it was "good bye, waffles". We've tried recipes here and there. They are not the same but still we press on. Here's a pretty good one adapted from PaleOMG.
Almond Flour Coconut Waffles
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Makes 3 waffles
2 eggs, whisked
1/4 cup canned coconut milk
1.5 cup almond flour/meal
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Plug in waffle iron.
2. Whisk eggs in a medium-large bowl.
3. Add coconut milk and whisk with eggs.
4. Add almond flour and mix together.
5. Add shredded coconut, coconut flour, baking soda and mix together.
6. Add honey, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Mix together, thoroughly.
7. Pour into waffle iron and cook according to iron instructions, about 4 minutes.