I don't like nutella but my family does. When the kids are begging for it what do I do? I find a paleo nutella I can make myself. Paleo Spirit's recipe uses hazelnuts. That's what I don't like about nutella, so I'm using raw almonds.
*Disclaimer: I have to put nutella in quotes because Brad says it's not really nutella. He adds that this recipe is still good.
Here is my recipe adapted from Paleo Spirit.
- 1 C raw almonds (use hazelnuts if you like them)
- 1/2 C coconut milk
- 1/4 C coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 C cacao powder
- 1/4 t vanilla
- 2 T coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Roast the almonds in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the almonds to the bowl of a food processor and pureé for a few minutes until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Continue to process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Store in the refrigerator.