Thursday, March 6, 2014

Banana Rice Cakes

When my tummy started bothering me and I couldn't figure out what was wrong, I did a 30-day FODMAPs free journey of  experimenting & observing the foods I was eating (or not eating) and how my body was affected.   At the time I was only able to eat bland, soft foods like rice, white fish, and bananas.

I re-discovered organic, brown rice cakes.  They really satisfy the crunch and salty cravings.  Cooper loves them, too (how about that!).  In addition to this recipe, Cooper and I like them with Kerrygold grass-fed butter and salt.  This is my new favorite snack!
Ingredients:
  • 1T raw almond butter - we started making our own.
  • 1/2 banana, sliced
  • 1 rice cake
  • cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Spread almond butter over rice cake
  2. Top with sliced banana
  3. Sprinkle with cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment