|Photo: Angels Homestead|
This sauce is yummy and can be used as a pasta or pizza sauce.
Try it with my Pepperoni Pizza Casserole, Cauliflower Crust Pizza, or the Sweet Potato Crust Pizza recipes.
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 T Italian spices (oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley, garlic powder*)
- homemade bone broth or water or stock
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- In a saucepan add all ingredients (except pumpkin) and just enough bone broth to barely cover the carrots.
- Bring to a boil. Turn to low and simmer until carrots are very soft, about 20 minutes.
- When carrots are very soft pour saucepan ingredients into a blender and add pumpkin.
- Blend until super smooth.
* omit garlic powder to keep it FODMAPs-Free