|Photo Nom Nom Paleo|
- 4 racks grass-fed beef back ribs, about four ribs/rack, about 12 lbs
- dry rub* - I used oregano, thyme, garlic powder, sea salt, cumin seeds, sage, cayenne, basil
- bay leaves, 1 for each rack
- homemade bone broth for basting
- Pat your racks dry with paper towels and rub the seasonings on each rack. Don't be stingy on the dry rub.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for 2 hours - 24 hours to marinate, optional. We skipped this step just because we didn't plan for it. The ribs still turned out full of flavor.
- Preheat oven to 200˚F.
- Set the racks on a foil-lined, rimmed roasting pan. Put a bay leaf on top of each rack, seal racks tightly in foil.
- Roast for 6 - 8 hours. Half way through, flip the racks.
- Remove racks and turn oven to high broil.
- Baste racks with bone broth and place back in oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove, flip, and baste again. Place back in oven for 2 minutes.
*Can be made FODMAPs free - just omit garlic powder
*Can be made nightshades free - just omit the cayenne